Monday, May 9, 2011

Finale

June 30 was the last day in Los Angeles. My family and I got up early and made good use to cram as many things as we could in the day. We picked up peaches and lemons from the trees and took pictures all over the house. I thought I love the atmosphere at Fremont more because people there are friendly, but when I walked around and saw people painting wall and fixing roofs, Los Angeles turned out to be a simple town. Although Los Angeles was, to my stereotype, a big city full of hustle and bustle, but people here actually live a leisure life.
I didn’t know what grand pa and grand ma Liang were busy doing. They got up much earlier than we did and had stayed in the kitchen for many hours. Time lapsed, and it was time for lunch. We sat around the table and the host set the table and meals. When I saw the meal, I no longer wonder why they have been so busy: on the table, there were meals that we often ate together when we were neighbor. How touching! Thought the two old people can no longer remember many memories in details, but they still remember the recipes that we liked. What’s more, there were many handmade水煎包 and 紅棗饅頭. Their knuckles suffered but they still made them those foods.
It was time to say goodbye. We gathered up at the doorway as usual and grandma prayed for us. She also asked god to bless her health so that we may see each other again in Taiwan. All of us were choked with sobs and unable to speak, but it seemed that we all knew what each other wanted to convey. We left the house with our heart full of love and our bags crammed with foods. Nobody knows when we will meet again, but we were sure that we will.

1 comment:

  1. After watching your article about Los Anger,I felt that traveling around the world is a great thing!It looks like fun and can learn lots of things about the wisdom of life!It may be get me thinking deeply about life,family, and love in the wrold that we lived in!

    ReplyDelete