Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Leaving for Los Angeles

All good things come to an end. It was time to say goodbye to Fremont and left for Los Angeles.

This itinerary was not due to the purpose of broaden our horizon only, but also to visit some old friends that we haven’t seen for ages.

Who we were going to meet in Los Angeles are grandpa Liang and grandma Liang. They are not our blood relatives, but since they had been our neighbor for more than ten years, and raised my family (including my mom, my dad, my younger sister and me) as if we were their own children and grand children, we admired and respect them as if they were our real grandparents.


 
The Liang family had immigrate to the USA sine their son in law is an American citizen. It had been five years since grandpa Liang and grandma Liang moved to the USA. I overcame a sentimental time since we had so many memories in common. They were as if our baby sitters for free. Grandma Liang cooks well, and she always brought over some handmade desserts. My sister and I were sweet teeth, and I think that’s part of the reason why we loved her so much.

To be continued…

1 comment:

  1. That’s great to meet your “grandparents” in Los Angeles. I think you must have a wonderful time with them. As you, I also call my neighbors grandpa and grandma, and they often share delicious food with us. I like the banana cake grandma makes the best.
    Hope you will have chance to meet them again, no matter in Taiwan or Los Angeles. =)

    ReplyDelete